There are many types of fillings. Used for the manufacture of a variety of materials ranging from glue to varnish. There are two variants of writing, reading and pronunciation of this word: putty and putty. The first relates to professional vocabulary, and the second — common.
All commercially available putties have approximately the same preparation formula: the Substances that form the film. Such as: various essential, epoxy, phenolformaldehyde and alkyd resins. Fillers. In this role can act gypsum, chalk, mica. More specific substances may be used in special types of material. Various pigments: ochre, zinc white. Binder. In this role, the variety of compositions: from PVA glue and to the special epoxy resins.
Modern builders and repairers know 9 types of this material:
- Oil. This type of material is made on the basis of a mixture of different oils and has a low cost. Among positive qualities — plasticity, durability, fast drying and simplicity of processing of the dried-up layer. The material is great for leveling walls and ceilings in rooms. The drying time depends on the room temperature. The lower the temperature, the longer the layer will dry.
- Glue. The difference from the previous type is only in the binder. In this case, the oil content is reduced and the glue acts as the main binder. Such material in the structure has drying oil, chalk and 10% solution of glue. Due to the content of drying oil, the material is durable and elastic. Most often, this type is used for finishing walls. It perfectly hides small irregularities and cracks. In addition, it goes well with decorative water and oil paints, lime whitewash.
- Oil-glue. In its composition, in addition to the usual components, also includes casein glue. A distinctive feature of this type of composition — naturalness and environmental friendliness. However, they are characterized by a small mechanical strength, so it is not recommended to use it for facade work and for plastering robot on the floors. In addition, it is not recommended to use in wet places.
- Plaster putty. Gypsum is used as a filler in this type of material. Among the positive properties: high adhesion (adhesion of surfaces), a high percentage of whiteness and no cracking during drying. In addition, it is made exclusively from natural ingredients, does not have a pungent smell and does not cause allergic reactions.
- Epoxy. This type of material is a mixture of filler, plasticizers and epoxy solution in an organic solvent. This type of finishing is used mainly for processing metal surfaces, but it is also suitable for concrete surfaces.
- Polyester. Scope and body of work. It is indispensable if necessary to fill small potholes and cracks on metal surfaces.
- Latex. This type is almost identical to the oil-glue. Almost the only difference is that the composition of latex putty includes calcite filler.
- Spackle. Type of putty containing acrylic. Great for finishing interior surfaces of the room. Fire and explosion proof. Specially used for repair of damaged skirting boards, sealing holes from nails and screws. With strong water dilution can be used as a whitewash for the walls.
- PVA-putty. As the name implies, in this type of material acts as a binder PVA glue. It is used for leveling and coating of plasterboard walls, concrete and asbestos-cement surfaces. Also in the composition there are many antiseptic additives that prevent the formation of mold and fungi.